Sunday, July 31, 2011

SHADOW- the dog




I have a street dog named Shadow
He is very dear to me
He follows me everywhere
For strangers he is a thing to fear
I find him the cutest dog
When he looks at me
He joins me at the bus stop
To see me off to school
And in the afternoon he picks me up
I wonder how he gets the clue
When he feels hungry
He barks softly at my gate
Seeing bread in my hand
He vigorously wags his tail
Sometimes standing on his hind legs
He tries to hold my shoulder
But as the days are passing by
He is getting weak and older
He cannot run as fast
As he once used to do
Sometimes after fighting with other dogs
He comes out all black and blue
Whenever I see him in poor condition
I feel so very helpless and sorry
No matter how useless he becomes
He will be the cutest dog for me














( Both Photos: By me...This is SHADOW )

4 comments:

  1. But as the days are passing by
    He is getting weak and older
    He cannot run as fast
    As he once used to do
    Sometimes after fighting with other dogs
    He comes out all black and blue
    Whenever I see him in poor condition
    I feel so very helpless and sorry
    No matter how useless he becomes
    He will be the cutest dog for me

    Hi Pranjal,
    I liked the poem.These lines depict reality and mortality of each and every creation of God.One who is nearest and dearest always remains special,no matter howsoever old they might become.
    Well done!keep it up.God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pranjal! Your poem is verry impressive. Shadow is a shadow and reflection of your kind heart therefore he know everything about you and your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahut pyari poem .tumhare sunder shbdon me tumhara bhav purn hridya dikhta hai
    likhte raho
    rachana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your wishes and appreciation .

    ReplyDelete